American Family Drug & Alcohol Treatment Coverage
American Family rehab insurance provides addiction treatment coverage in most states. Learn how to use your American Family plan here.
- Does American Family Cover Rehab for Drugs & Alcohol?
- How to Use American Family Rehab Coverage
- How Do I Check My American Family Rehab Coverage?
- How Much Does Rehab Cost Using American Family Insurance?
- Types of American Family Health Insurance Plans
- How to Find Rehabs that Accept American Family Coverage
- Check Your American Family Rehab Coverage Now
Takeaways from this article:
Does American Family cover detox & rehab?
How do I check my American Family rehab coverage?
What are the types of American Family insurance plans?
How to use my American Family coverage at American Addiction Centers
Does American Family Cover Rehab for Drugs & Alcohol?
American Family is a national wide insurance provider offering plans that coverage for detox, rehab, and other forms of addiction treatment. According to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), insurance providers must cover behavioral health treatment, such as psychotherapy and counseling, along with substance abuse disorder treatment. The specific benefits you receive will depend on the American Family health insurance plans available in your area.
The good news is that all of American Family long-term plans are required to comply with the ACA. The ACA mandates that insurers include some level of addiction treatment coverage in their insurance plans. This includes drug rehab insurance coverage, so you can rest assured that you will have American Family rehab coverage.4
How to Use American Family Rehab Coverage
To use your American Family addiction treatment coverage and what centers are included in the network, contact your American Family agent directly to get details about the different plans available to you and how they apply to your addiction treatment.
American Family out-of-state coverage will depend on your specific plan, so be sure to review the details of your insurance plan. If you’re wondering how to get into a local detox or rehab program without insurance, you may be able to set up a payment plan with the provider you choose.
How Do I Check My American Family Rehab Coverage?
There are two easy ways to check your American Family insurance benefits. The first is to log in to your account on the My Account page.5 This portal allows you to view your various American Family rehab coverage policies, manage your bills, and file and monitor any claims.
You can also contact your American family agent directly. Your agent will know the details of your exact rehab coverage and can answer specific questions about getting addiction treatment that might not be clear on the website. The insurance company always has the final say about benefits, so be sure to contact them if there are any questions.
How Much Does Rehab Cost Using American Family Insurance?
Under the ACA, pre-existing mental and behavioral conditions are covered, and insurance companies, like American Family health insurance, are not allowed to set spending limits on the coverage of any essential health benefit, including addiction treatment. However, you may have to pay deductibles, copayments, or coinsurance.
The limits of care allowed for substance abuse treatment can’t be more restrictive than medical treatment. That means that your out-of-pocket costs will not be substantially higher for detox and rehab than for a medical procedure. The same percentage of cost should be covered in both cases.
American Family may have a payment plan or assistance available for the copayments and deductibles you are responsible for during your addiction treatment program.
Types of American Family Health Insurance Plans
American Family Insurance is a private insurance company that offers a variety of types of insurance coverage, from home and auto to health coverage. They have been in business for 90 years and have 14 subsidiary companies with assets of $31.8 billion at the end of 2019.1
American Family Health Insurance has a number of plans.2
- Group health insurance: If you are covered through your employer, you likely have their group health insurance. A group insurance plan may have a specific network of care providers, and you may not be able to get coverage outside that network. Some group health insurance options do allow you to access medical care outside the network. It depends on the type of plan, and you’ll want to talk to your human resources department or insurance agent for details.
- Short-term health insurance: American Family Insurance also offers short-term health coverage if you are between jobs or waiting for new coverage to kick in. These short-term plans may have limited benefits and don’t necessarily comply with the Affordable Care Act when it comes to required rehab coverage. These types of plans are best for protecting yourself from emergencies while you wait for a group or individual plan to begin.
If you want to buy coverage directly from American Family, there are individual health plans available. This is your best option if you are self-employed or don’t have coverage from an employer. Individual American Family health insurance plans work the same as group coverage but may cost more.
American Family, Medicare & Medicaid
American Family offers different types of health insurance, including Medicare supplement insurance, short-term plans, group health insurance, and supplemental products.
If you are eligible for Medicare, you may be interested in the American Family medicare supplement.3 These plans allow you to keep original Medicare but help with deductibles and coinsurance costs. This is a great option for those who are concerned about the coinsurance with Medicare and want to keep things more affordable during their addiction treatment.
How to Find Rehabs that Accept American Family Coverage
At American Addiction Centers, we take pride in our strong relationships with insurers, including American Family health insurance. Our goal is to be able to help anyone break free from addiction and live a happy, fulfilled, and sober life. We are one of the largest treatment provider networks in the United States, and we’d love to serve you.